Laravel is a PHP based framework to build high-level web applications. It eases the common tasks in many web projects, for example, routing, sessions, caching, etc. It is best to use in developing secure, scalable applications.
Just like any other technology, it has various pros and cons. Have a look at the features of the platform in detail:
- Complete customizable: It provides various aspects to be customized to fulfill the business needs, one of the aspects can be the implementation of two-factor authentication. This also provides third-party integration.
- Secure authentication and authorization: It is just like the secured phase as that of other frameworks. Encryption, Encoding, Hashing, and Obfuscation play a major role in it.
For bit more clarity these three can be defined as :
|It is for the data usability maintenance and this can also be reversed by using the same algorithm that has encoded the content,i.e. Without any key usability.||A secret key is used for maintaining data confidentiality in return to plain text.||It is validation for content integration, this all is done by detecting modifications as per the changes to the Hash output.||It will create source or machine code, it is similar to encryption but as machine dependent will be an ease to execute the code.|
- Integration with mail service: As in modern web applications it is difficult to notify users for every single event, but this framework provides the best way to notify users email for every single event .
- Fixing the most common technical vulnerabilities: On the basis of the below report it is proved that for time and cost vulnerabilities vary. Laravel helps to get rid of the SQL injection, cross-site request forgery being itself secured and due to codebase guarded.
- URL Routing configuration: Framework automatically loads the routes being already defined in php file.
- Separation of “Business login code” from “Presentation code”: Via separation web page appearance can be changed, so Laravel provides the predefined framework called as MVC by which separation is already done.
With every advantage , disadvantages are necessary for further iterative enhancements
- The Composer is not strong enough: If compared with Ruby gems, npm, pip(for python), Laravel composer is not strong enough.
- Lack of continuation between versions: After Laravel-4 no transition has been made to version-5, this was a lack of continuing the next iteration or stream of versions for a better experience.
- Some upgrades might be problematic: When a version gets upgraded various trouble users face, such problems occur in the PHP framework as well. Users need to take precautions before upgrading it.
- Development: Laravel’s development is a bit slower as compared to other frameworks.
Pros and Cons of Laravel Framework in a nutshell:
|Makes use of the newest features of PHP||Does not support payments feature|
|Has built-in tool for command-line called Artisan||Lack of continuation between versions|
|Packages and resource availability||Some upgrades might be problematic|
|Reverse Routing||Often fails to provide mobile app richness|
|Reduced product development cycle||Quality is mixed at times|
|Provides method for generating new objects without bootstrap to any external libraries||This framework is easy to learn, but difficult to master|
|Provides Activerecord implementation to work with databases.||Being a small framework it has limited built-in support features.|