What to Do When You Have a Mobile App Idea?
Let’s say you have a brilliant app idea and are quite eager to develop it. But, before you start finding a mobile development company to turn the app into a reality, you must think about various aspects before beginning with everything.
One of the most common things people refrain from indulging in when trying to build an app is conducting marketing research. Indulging in mobile development without proper market research is like trying to make a building without laying out a foundation first. In-depth app market research is incredibly important for the success of an app.
So, how should you even commence with an app idea?
Market research. Be it for iOS and Android app development or Hybrid app development; it can bring an incredible amount of improvement in your app launch strategy. In short, the more you research and learn about the trends in your concerned niche, the better your solution to a customer’s pain points will be.
So, now that we have established where you should initiate your ideas, let’s dive into how exactly you can do it and why it is important. Understanding the core of every aspect always proves to be a good use.
What Is App Market Research?
App market research is the practice of understanding your audience in depth. Researching an app market allows one to comprehend and expect market trends and what customers are most likely to receive positively over the time.
Here are specific points you should focus on before starting with app market research:
– Is there a need for your app?
– Does the timing fit? Is it an appropriate time to provide a specific solution to people?
– Who exactly is your target audience?
– How much investment does building an app of your preference require? What are the best mobile app development companies?
– Who are your competitors? How much percentage of the market do your competitors dominate?
– Is your app executing your USP? Is your marketing strategy actually better than your competitors?
– Is your solution solving a customer problem in a modern manner? That is, is your approach outdated?
Market Research in 4 Steps
It is easier to conduct market research when you categorize things. However, mobile app software, development processes, and even leading IT service providers keep changing over time. Therefore, you must keep conducting micro surveys using different platforms.
Step 1: Pick Out Trends And Make Comparisons
Various search tools like Google Trends, Data.ai, Statista, and BusinessofApps can help you:
– Analyze the actual demand for your application.
– Compare your app with competitors, see the features they provide, and discern what exclusive features you will add to your app.
– Observe popularity charts, top apps by revenue, general app downloads in your niche, and growth analysis of top apps.
Step 2: Create User Personas
Having just one viewpoint can be lethal to any strategy. Therefore, indulge in speaking with people who use your app and collect maximum feedback. Create user personas to understand customer decisions like personalization, scaling, UI/UX preference, monetization, and many other things. Hubspot offers a make my persona option that you can use to practice this step.
Step 3: Create Online Surveys
Field research entails a workforce that questions a focused group, social media strategies, personal interviews, emailing, and so on. In addition, mobile development-related surveys include audience polls involving audience preference for tech, their consumption behavior, etc.
To conduct a survey, you must:
– Pick a survey tool of your choice.
– Formulate the questions you will be asking.
– Integrate your mobile app design into your mobile experience questions.
– Design your mobile app’s UX around survey research questions.
– Perform a pre-test for functionalities you are planning to include in your app.
– Collect all your results and probe them.
– Be mindful of the behavioral aspects and how your users will interact with your app.
Step 4: Formulate an Effective Business Plan
You need to cater to some set of parameters when formulating a business with a custom application development firm, like:
– The uniqueness of your business
– The flexibility of your approach
– Shortness and concision of your approach
Here are vital steps that you should focus on while laying down a business plan.
– An executive summary of the plan
– Indulge in discussions with the team and stakeholders of the company
– Elaborate on what your mobile app will do
– Lay down the organizational roles
– Formulate sales and marketing strategies
– Define costs and budgets
SWOT Analysis in the Mobile App Market
|What things are you most recognized for?|
|How is your idea different from your competitors and more valuable from the other competitors?|
|What skills, assets, or resources do you have that your competitors don’t?|
|What issues does your app have, and what improvements could be made?|
|Is your app performance according to user preference?|
|Are you shy of something in market research and knowledge about your industry or niche?|
|Identify the challenges faced by the users.|
|Benefit from competitors’ shortcomings.|
|Predicting the economic and political trends that could amplify your app’s popularity.|
|Is your app meeting government guidelines and policies?|
|Did you find funding for your app?|
|Are you aligned with the current and future trends of your industry?|
Apart from wanting to develop a mobile app that stands out, it is essential to plan sensibly and be wary of any shortcomings you deploy when deciding the market, platform, development software, etc., for your app. Contact us if you require assistance with iOS or Android, Flutter mobile app development, or any custom app development.
Our Global Impression
We are very happy with the team's flexibility with the fact that they always deliver the tasks on time
CEO, Agabin Interactive (Manila, Philippines)
They are cooperative, hardworking, and really imaginative.
PARK MIN HO
VP of Operation, AI Dashcam Manufacturer
They were quick to understand what we needed and delivered it.
HEATHER J. SUAREZ
They have managed everything properly.
Account Manager, Digitally Squared PR & News
Their sheer level of skill and ‘can do‘ attitude stood out to me.
These guys are problem solver and they are pretty fast at it
Got an idea?
Got An Idea?
Tell us and we will build the right solution for your needs.
Please fill in the details below to talk to our expert
and discuss your project.